Normally I love waking up early... for some reason today, it seemed impossible!
The only thing that could get me up, was the smell of breakfast & blooms :)
Apple and Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 4 apples
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2-4 Tablespoons oil to cook
- icing sugar (optional)
- Cook the apples in boiling water for about 5 minutes. The pot must be large to contain enough water to cover the apples. Cool down the apples, then peel, coarsely grate them. For a thicker consistency you can cut one apple in slices.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and honey together.
- Combine the egg, the yogurt and stir in the apples.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop large spoonful of batter into the pan and flatten it out a little. Cook until golden golden underneath, flip the pancake and cook them for an additional two minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.